Canvas - Issues - ELearning Team
To access your Canvas account, ALL students must initially login and set up their Microsoft account (update your password, and add info for future password reset facility).
Once students have set their own password for their Microsoft account, it's then that same password you use to access Canvas.
You cannot access Canvas unless you have set up your Microsoft account first. Here is a link the guide on how to do this.
Once you have logged into your Microsoft account, and set your own password, this is the password you can use to access Canvas on the link below:
Go to this link to access Canvas - https://glasgowclyde.instructure.com/
Please note you only use your Student ID (not your full email address) and password to access Canvas .
Summary, to access Canvas you must complete the following steps:
• Set up your student account by logging in to Office 365
• Your password is your DOB in the explained format e.g. 02-aug-2001 (include dashes)
• Change your password
• Sign In to Office 365 using your new password
• Set up your password reset details (to do your own future password reset)
• Now your account is set up and our systems are linked you can now log in to Canvas
• Go to the website: https://glasgowclyde.instructure.com/
• Sign with your student number (not full email address) e.g. 20179811 and the NEW password that you created earlier.
• Successful login to Canvas
The ICT team can assist students having any issues logging into Canvas, but once logged in, if you have further issues then you need to contact your Lecturer directly.
When logged into Canvas, there is a useful help section (picture above) with 'How To' videos and help forums.